Sunday, August 30, 2009

PNW vs. CR round 1

So, My camera has been on the fritz, some of these pictures are mine, some are not. But whats important is that I went on a really awesome hike through a cloud forest!

Im in Monteverde right now which is in the mountains kind of in the center of the country. Its a pretty temperate climate, and actually reminds me a lot of the Northwest, so incase you were wondering, yes, i did break out my plaid button down shirt.


Impressively I have had a string of luck on my way to and in Monteverde. I was sitting in the dirty dirty puntarenas (The Poont as reffered two by two guys I met who studied there) waiting for my bus and two guys in a cab come by and try to hustle me into a cheap, but not cheaper than the bus, taxi to Monteverde.

I declinded and they dove away, only come back 5 minutes later and offer the same ride for FREE! needless to say I was very happy and accepted their invitation.


When I got to Santa Elena, which is the town in Monteverde, They took me to the hostel that one of them owned and I got a $5 private room with my own bathroom and free breakfast.


Anyway,

without much else here are a few pictures from my hike yesterday


Monteverde is a cloud forset in Costa Rica. If it isn´t all at 100% humidity it is damn close. The hike we did was long-ish, like 2.5 miles or something. The view above is supposed to have a volcano in it, but as we were in a cloud forest you could not see it.

We climbed this awesome tower and it was really cool, but once again very very cloudy, so the picture really doesn´t do the scene justice. but you do get a glimpse of my barba development (thats beard incase you were wondering).


The only non insect animal we saw was this quaddle (i really dont think that is the proper spelling) circling around the trash back by the information tent. pretty feral right!



1 comment:

  1. I don't like how that third picture looks like a hanging, mossy dead body.

    ReplyDelete